Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links which means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the links and make a purchase.
I recently turned 25 years old. Birthdays are often a great time for reflection.
This year, mostly these past few months, there were many lessons and many hard reminders in my life.
Here, I want to share with you 25 lessons learned (or reminded) turning 25.
1. Never put your life on hold waiting for the right time and for things to be perfect. It will never happen and you’re only wasting time missing out on life.
2. Don’t ever settle in life and never lower your standards. What you want is out there for you.
3. Your ability to feel and face negative emotions directly correlates to your success and mental/emotional health.
4. Turn what happens to you into something that happens FOR you for learning, growth, and character development.
5. Don’t take breaks. It takes more energy and time to start back up than to keep going.
6. Value consistency over intensity.
7. Place importance on and look after Future You. Your goal should be for your future self to be thanking you right now.
8. Learn to let things go.
9. Don’t place emotional importance and attachment on material things.
10. Never let life, people, and adversity harden you.
11. Don’t hide yourself out of fear or trying to impress people. You’ll only attract the wrong people. Don’t change or betray yourself either trying to impress or please others.
12. Always live and do everything with integrity no matter what.
13. You don’t have to prove or convince others of your worth. The right people that you want in your life will see it.
14. Always give more than you receive.
15. Create value in everything you do and approach everything with excellence.
16. Value your ideas, your gifts and your voice.
17. It’s okay to be disappointed with people have failed relationships. Caring is good thing. Vulnerability is a beautiful thing. It doesn’t mean that they are better than you or that you are less worthy or loveable.
18. Commitment is essential to success.
19. Take/waste less time making decisions. Avoid being stuck in indecision.
20. You can love someone or something from a distance and separate yourself for your own peace and health.
21. Always choose yourself first. Your mental, emotional, and physical health should be your #1 priority.
22. Nobody can take who are away from you. Neither can they take away your knowledge or successes.
23. Being lonely is so much better than having toxic relationships and friendships.
24. Be intentional and have purpose in your relationships and friendships and with love and romance.
25. Never stop investing in yourself. Never stop learning and growing.
Turning 25 feels like a major turning point for me. I am so happy for my current mindset and the person that I’m becoming. And I know that things will only get
better more amazing from here!
I hope you feel the same on your birthday!