Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links which means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through the links and make a purchase.
I turned 24 years old a few days ago. I thought it’d be a good idea to share 24 lessons I’ve learned in the 24 years of my life which I realized I’ve never really done before. Normally, I look back on the things I’ve learned on a yearly basis or after the end of life stages such as graduating high school or college, but not looking back on my life as a whole on the things I’ve learned like this.
I came up with this list by looking through my success journal over the year in which I would write a quote of the day and things I learned that day. I also looked through my notes in which I write down my thoughts and any wisdom I come across, and things that I learn. I’ve also included principles that I’ve written about throughout my blog.
Many of these lessons I learned from my personal experiences, others’ experiences, quotes, articles, and books I’ve read, movies and videos I’ve watched, and things I’ve observed and noticed.
Here are 24 of the life lessons and nuggets of wisdom I’ve learned over the last 24 years of my life. Enjoy!
1. Start small. You’re more likely to start and make it last.
2. No matter what you do, always give value.
3. A true expert never stops learning. The greatest thing you can learn is how to learn and unlearn.
4. Love and relationships are what determines your happiness. Love is happiness.
5. The biggest failures can make for the greatest success stories. You can learn more from your failures than your success.
6. Kindness is a skill and habit that should be learned and practiced regularly and habitually, not randomly or by convenience or mood.
7. Your self-esteem matches who you date and who you befriend.
8. Everything can be learned and unlearned.
9. Change is a good and normal part of life.
10. Self-acceptance is key to having a healthy cooperative relationship with yourself. It means to be on your own side, to be a friend to yourself. It means to value yourself, to treat yourself with respect, to stand up for your right to exist The most important relationship you can have is with yourself.
11. Self-awareness is the first step toward change and personal growth. It means being honest with yourself and having respect for reality and facts.
12. There is always a reason for every behavior, action, and thought. Don’t judge others unless you’ve walked in their shoes.
13. Always stand up for yourself and others.
14. There is nothing you know 100% everything about. There is always something you can learn in everything.
15. Becoming is better than being.
16. Learn to find excitement, passion, adventure in the ordinary.
17. You don’t fill a dirty house full of nice things. Start at and focus on the foundations and the roots.
18. Good is the enemy of great.
19. Knowledge is power. The only two things that stop you from achieving anything are physics and knowledge. If it’s physically possible, knowledge gives you the power to do and achieve anything.
20. Don’t waste time crying over wasted time.
21. Don’t compare yourself to others. Only compete with yourself. ” When you compete with someone else, either you win, or you lose. When you compete with yourself, you always win.”
22. Some things in life are like cotton candy. It’s sweet, it’s attractive, but you can’t live off it.
23. Be proactive. Change starts from within.
24. How you think about aging can change how you age.